Specifi® General Offer Terms
Recommended System Requirements
- Intel® Core processor, Core i5, i7 2 GHz
- 8GB RAM or more
- 1280 x 1024 color video display adapter (True Color)
- Direct3D graphics card with minimum capacity 1GB
- 2GB of hard disk available not including libraries’ installation
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
CAD Engine Compatibility (for Specifi® Design only)
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® from 2014 to 2017 (not LT version)
- Autodesk® Revit® from 2014 to 2017 (not LT version)
- BricsCAD Pro from V14 to V17
Note: Specifi® Design+ does not require an already installed CAD engine
Specifi® has an automatic installation set-up procedure. An Internet connection is required for the installation.
Every PC needs a different installation code, it is not possible to use the same installation code in more than one PC. Specifi® requires administrator privileges for installation and upgrade (ATTENTION: it does not mean to login as Administrator).
Specifi LLC offers also an under payment additional service for the installation of Client and Server with client PCs configuration. During Specifi® Server installation the technician will install and configure PostgreSQL in your server. It will permit only to share projects and libraries with the Client users.
Specifi® can not be installed and used directly in the server. The Server and network configuration must follow the minimum requirements, as described at “Server Minimum Requirement”.
Installation of Postgre SQL and Specifi® database into your server by remote connection
Please note that for the correct installation of Specifi® the current Windows user must have the administrator privileges temporary elevated. We would like to suggest you to verify these minimum requirements:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012 Operating System installed
- 4 Gb of RAM
- 1 Folder, called for example “Specifi”, shared in read-write mode with full access from any client pc
- If Specifi’s users need to work also out of office (with the laptop) and not connected to your LAN, you need also a VPN connection (in this case you need 2 network card installed in your server)
Then we pray you to verify to have these minimum requirements for a better performance:
- 1Gbit speed lan connection.
- Gigabit SWITCH layer 2 or layer 3
- Client and server PC network Card 1 Gigabit
- Network cable category 5E or 6E at least
Software title, copyrights, accompanying materials and any copy made by the user are Specifi LLC property. The client has only user rights. Unauthorized duplication of the software or documentation, or failure to comply with the following restrictions will cause automatically the locking of the license.
Specifi® license is a subscription that cannot be used by more than one user at the same time.
Specifi® cannot be installed into a Server and started by client PC. Specifi® subscription cannot be given or sold to third parties.
The subscription is valid for 1 PC only.
The Service Contract is valid for the same length than the subscription purchased.
Specifi LLC will give to the customer the technical support services by telephone, ticket, FAQ, e-mail and remote connection to user’s PC to solve problems related to Specifi® software (not instruction on how to use it: you can find tutorials and videos in Specifi® website). No other tools can be used and visits of Specifi LLC staff in client’s headquarters are not provided.
The customer is required to open a ticket directly from Specifi® software (About Specifi >Ticket) in order to receive technical support. The technical assistance service is available from Monday to Friday of each working week from 8.30 am to 12.30 am and from 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm (CET).
After payment confirmation, Specifi LLC will install the subscription license of the Software. Any subscription is valid on 1 PC only.
Specifi LLC will distribute the required library after the confirmation of the producer, who is the real owner of them.
Libraries & Databases
The installation of the manufacturer’s archives (pricelist and libraries) is secondary to the approval of each manufacturer; all data and information are Manufacturer’s property. The use of archives is forbidden outside Specifi™ without the authorization of each manufacturer. All mistakes or lacks have to be attributed to the manufacturer and not to Specifi LLC.
Any lack in content (e.g. short and long descriptions, pricing, etc.) will not be in any way attributable to Specifi LLC. and the client can not retaliate neither economically or legally against Specifi LLC.
All mistakes or lacks in projects and offers created by Specifi® are under the responsibility of the user.
Specifi LLC can’t be held responsible for them and for the problems caused by:
- Non-compliance by the Customer of the terms of the license agreement of Use;
- Negligence or carelessness of the customer to follow instructions for installation, operation, maintenance;
- Any repair, adjustment, alteration or modification of the Software by any unauthorized personnel;
- Acts of abuse of the Customer and third parties, misuse or negligence in general, interruptions of power, power surges, electrical discharge, atmospheric phenomena, acts of war or insurrection, political Demonstrations, actions of third parties or any other event not attributable to Specifi LLC;
- Any client’s refuse to update the software if new update is available and Specifi LLC has already informed the customer about the new release;
- Failure to adapt the hardware or failure to purchase accessories that may be necessary to enable the operation of the new versions;
- Failures or changes of the Hardware made by the Customer;
- Impairment and malfunction due to the installation of components / third-party software;
All the components necessary for the operation of the software must be updated with the latest service packs (e.g. Operating System, CAD). Specifi LLC does not guarantee the proper operation of the software on not original third-party components.
Specifi LLC does not guarantee, except in the case of willful misconduct, that any error or malfunctioning of the software can be rectified and cannot be held responsible for direct or indirect damages (loss of data, loss of production, etc.) suffered by the Customer or any third party in connection with this contract or the benefits provided therein.
Specifi LLC may provide additional services, such as customized print report, exportation of Specifi® data for other software, on-line training, on-site training in client’s headquarters, and so on.
All these services are not included in this offer (if not clearly indicated). After the customer request Specifi LLC will send a customized offer about it.
Taxes, duties and other charges
The total amount shown in the confirmed offer, does not include taxes, withholding taxes, duties, bank charges and every kind of local taxes that have to be paid by the client, if not differently indicated in the offer. The amount to pay to Specifi LLC is the one shown in “Final Total”.
Governing law and court jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Italian Republic. For any dispute concerning or arising from this Agreement or its performance the Court of Venice has the sole jurisdiction.
Terms and conditions of payment
In case the Customer is not registered in the EU VIES – VAT INFORMATION EXCHANGE SYSTEM and has not communicated it to Specifi LLC before paying, Specifi LLC will charge 22% on the sale price by issuing a second invoice. It’s mandatory for all EU companies.
Our license to the Specifi® Subscription Services is provided for the Initial Term. The Initial Term for all Specifi® subscription services will renew automatically for successive terms of the same length (each, a “Renewal Term”) without further action by or notice to You unless You notify Specifi® (Specifi LLC) customer service of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days before the end of the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term. The Initial Term together with any Renewal Terms are collectively the “Term”.
Incomplete / missing payment
In case of missing or not completed payment by the customer, Specifi LLC will lock the license and the supply of the services.
If the renewal does not take place according to the offer, Specifi LLC will consider payment as incomplete and the license will be considered unsold. In case of partial payment any amount already paid will not be refunded to the customer.